Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Mamaw

Well Mamaw had her surgery and it has been all downhill from there. She hasn't been able to walk on her own since her surgery. Her doctor admitted her to the Rehab facility here in town. She has been there since a week after her surgery. It's so hard seeing her there. They have a machine that they use to help her stand and try to walk again. Monday, she passed out as they were standing her up. The next day, she did it again and they said that her blood pressure was 112/27! Once they sat her down it started to come back up again. The doctor decided to send her to the ER for some tests. So far all they've found is that she was dehydrated and her kidney's were having poor output, probably from the dehydration. So they admitted her and are still doing some testing. They are still trying to figure out why she went into surgery able to walk and function on her own and came out of surgery, not able to take care of herself. She had an MRI today, so hopefully we will know something soon. It's just very hard to watch her go through this. I've known that her health was deteriorating for some time, but I wasn't quite expecting this. I guess you never do. Please pray for my Mamaw and her doctors. That they will find out what is going on and will be able to treat it.

I have a lot more that I need to talk about, but the battery on my laptop is drained, so I will save it for another post. I'll just leave you with this... I finally know what God wants me to do with my life! I'm excited about it and I will fill you in as it things progress.

Tanya

No comments: