Sunday, September 28, 2008

Cleveland

Back in Cleveland. I really enjoy this city. It's big, but not too big. Interesting flight... had to connect in Chicago. Our plane was supposed to leave at 2:40. We're all situated getting ready to taxi out to the runway, when the pilot comes over the p.a. and says that he thinks there is a problem with the air conditioning and he would like to have maintenance take a look at it. The guy sitting next to me says a couple of expletives one of them being the "F" bomb! So, we wait about 30 minutes and the pilot comes back on and says that maintenance said that it would take more than an hour to fix the problem, so we are going to deboard the plane and they will find us another one. The guy next to me then pops off with "M.F". Sheesh mister... it's not that big of deal. I overheard a lady make a great statement once we were back in the terminal. She said "This is something that I can't control, so why should I let it bother me, I can't change the situation." I've heard people say that before, but for some reason it really stuck with me today. I'm sure my blood pressure would be better if I could use her philosophy! Maybe I'll try it and see how it goes...

No comments: