Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Homework

Well... tomorrow is foster parenting class again and I haven't done my homework yet. Nothing like waiting until the last minute! I have class every Thursday from 6 to 9pm. And two Satruday classes... we did two lessons this past Saturday and I think a week from this coming Saturday we will be doing our CPR and First Aid certifications. There is so much I still have to do in order to get ready for my home visit. I bought two new smoke detectors last week and just need to get them put up. I still need to get a fire extinguisher for the kitchen, a lock box for my medication and a lock box for any kitchen knives. And there's more, but I won't bore you with all of the details. I will mention two major things that I need, so please keep an eye out for these and if you find any at a decent price, just holler at me! I need a twin size bed (mattress and box springs) with the metal frame, and I need a crib and crib mattress. I have decided to take in a wide age range of children, so I might get an infant or a teenager at some point and time and I want to be prepared.

There are a lot of things that they require of you before you can foster a child. You know sometimes you hear those horrible stories about foster kids being abused in their foster home and seeing all of the stuff that I've had to go through this far in order to be a foster parent, really makes me wonder how anybody could slip through the system and do that to a child. I think either, they had people lie for them or someone didn't do their job very well in checking these people out!

I guess I should get off of here and get started on my homework since I have two lessons worth to do! Please continue to pray as I travel down this path.

No comments: