Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Lots of Stuff

There has been lots of "stuff" happening in the short time since I last updated. My TB test came back negative so that's good news! I attended First Aid and CPR training and passed my test. It really wasn't a very good class if you ask me. We only got to go through the entire round of CPR on a mannequin once... which I didn't feel was enough if you really need to use this at some point in your life. I have all three of my reference letters to turn in, and I have several babysitter forms from people to turn in. I still have more babysitter forms to get to people and I just found out that anyone who might teach one of my kids in Sunday School will have to fill out a babysitter form and get a TB test. That's a lot of people! I feel bad asking all of these people to do that, but I feel like I have to abide by the rules too, so I guess I'll be making an announcement at church Sunday. I guess the most disheartening thing has happened is that the county health inspector came out Tuesday to test the well water and check the septic tank. I won't get the results from the well water test for two weeks, but the septic tank did not pass inspection. Papaw built it himself and installed it and everything over 30 years ago which was before you had to have permits and all that jazz. So... I have to have an entire new septic system... lines and all! I honestly don't know how I'm going to afford that, but God has brought me this far through the process so I know that He will provide. It doesn't mean I'm not still discouraged because I am, but I don't know what else to do other than to turn it over to God. I just wish he'd let me in on the answer so I didn't worry and fret over it! I still feel like there are so many obstacles standing in the way of all of this.

I did have one other positive thing happen last week. I bought a crib! Since I'm going to have a wide age range of kiddos, I needed to have one just in case. I found it on Craigslist for $75 and it's in great shape. It also came with the mattress. Once the lady selling it found out I was fostering she threw in the bedding and bumper pads as well. It turns out that she and her husband are foster parents as well in Benton County! They have fostered 8 children and just adopted a sibling group of 3! 2 boys and a girl ages 3, 2 and 1! So... they are getting out of foster parenting since they have 3 toddlers and 3 older children at home. She was very sweet though and told me to call if I ever had questions or needed to talk to someone who's been through it before. It's amazing how God brings people across our paths! Well... I know this has been a long posting but there's been a lot going on lately. I'm going to wind this down for now and finish up my homework for tomorrow.

No comments: